CBD is short for cannabidiol. CBD is a cannabinoid derived from a hemp plant. A cannabinoid is simply a molecule that mostly consists of hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen. Another example of a cannabinoid is THC. You’ve probably heard of that. There’s a lot of good and bad information going around about both CBD and THC. We’ll sort that out for you, just keep coming back and reading our posts. Here are a few other examples of cannabinoids:
There will be future blog posts on these items. Be sure to watch for those. You can sign up to be notified of blog posts below.
Some important CBD facts:
- THC and CBD are not the same thing.
- THC in strong enough doses, causes a psychoactive high.
- CBD produces no high.
- If a person takes too much CBD, they often simply get tired/sleepy.
- Your body makes it’s own cannabinoids.
- Your body has an endocannabinoid system. (Totally not making that up.)
- Most marijuana contains both THC and CBD.